For everyone involved in all aspects of Social Work we have compiled a list of ten comprehensive and insightful “reads” on what it means to be a social worker, the realities of practice and the significance of social work training.
Whether you are just starting out, are a well experienced Social Worker, looking for a new job within social work or want to know a bit more about what other Social Workers think this is the post for you…
- 10 things learnt in 10 years as a Social Worker – A very in depth and valuable insight into working as a Social Worker.
- Why I am doing social work and why is it important – A social worker explains their background and why Social Work is important.
- A day in the life of a Social Worker – Not so much a “read” but interesting none the less. An interactive flash game of what a typical day in the life of a Social Worker is like (Done by the Open University)
- Social Work – A comprehensive collection of material supporting social workers to practice with confidence.
- Benefits of Social Work in a rural Location – Many reasons why to relocate to an area where life is more laid back than the hustle and bustle of a city for a job in Social Work.